Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Earth Day Snow: My Dog's Perspective

No tree-planting for me, yesterday!  

Granted, that's what you're supposed to do on Arbor Day, rather than Earth Day, but spending time outside would have been rather nice.

Unfortunately, it was a rather ugly day.  

And then it snowed.

large amounts of snow falling - green house as a backdrop


A lot.

This morning I woke up to snow accumulation so heavy that I had fallen tree branches throughout the yard.

Tree limb snapped in half with a thick layer of snow on top


One of the trees was weighed down so much that the top bent to the ground.

Tree top bent to the ground, completely covered with snow.


Not wanting to miss a rare opportunity, my dog ran to it with glee, and marked his territory.  While I said "eeew" internally, I couldn't really blame him.  I mean, how often do you get a chance to pee on top of a tree?

It's all a matter of perspective.

So today the post is short.  We got quite a bit of snow last night, and schools are closed due to the weather.  There's really only one thing to do when things are this crazy.

I'm going to go outside to have fun with my daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment